Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Lean Ground Beef
Wholewheat or brown rice pasta/spaghetti
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 bunch green onions
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 can crushed/diced tomatoes
Large bunch fresh basil
2 tsp Dried italian herbs or oregano
1. Place a large pot of water for your pasta on high heat to boil.
2. To make the sauce – roughly chop all the veggies and garlic. Preheat fry pan with a light spray of oil to prevent sticking. Cook the veggies on high heat until softened and starting to char [about 7-8 mins].
3. Add contents of the fry pan to your blender along with the can of crushed tomatoes, fresh basil and dried herbs. Let cool for a minute before blending contents to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper or additional dried herbs. Set aside.
4. Add your pasta to the boiling pot of water & cook for approx 10-12 minutes until al dente*.
5. Meanwhile, preheat same fry pan used for the veggies. Add the ground beef and cook through until browned. Pour the blender contents over beef and let simmer on low heat while pasta finishes cooking. Serve your bolognaise sauce over the pasta, with a side of steamed veg & a sprinkle of parmesan!